For Applications; please apply at https://cinfin.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=1700707&tz=GMT-06%3A00
Student Opportunities - Law Clerk - (1700707) US-MN-Minneapolis
The Cincinnati Insurance Companies' Staff Counsel office in Coon Rapids, MN is currently seeking a second year law student for a paid law clerk position to serve in-house litigation.
· legal research
· drafting of legal memoranda
· review and indexing of medical records
· good legal research and writing skills required
· organizational and time-management skills
· ability to think critically, problem-solving and decision making skills
· ability to read and understand complex legal documents
· strong persuasion skills
· experience in civil litigation (discovery, briefing, research) through previous employment experience a plus
· Second year students only please; students other than second year students will not be considered).
These temporary positions require 15 hours of work per week during the school year and 40 hours per week during summer.
Starting Rate of Pay: $15.00/hr
The Cincinnati Insurance Company, a subsidiary of Cincinnati Financial Corporation, stands among the nation’s top 25 property casualty insurer groups, based on net written premiums, and has earned an A+ rating from A.M. Best. Our commitment to the independent agency system began in 1950 and is our company’s core strength and competitive advantage. We excel by offering agents and policyholders a local presence, unparalleled claims service, loss control consultation services, work-saving technology initiatives, and competitive products, rates and compensation. Selected associates receive a comprehensive salary and benefits package, including a matching 401(k). Equal Opportunity Employer. Best’s ratings are under continuous review and subject to change and/or affirmation. To confirm the current rating, please visit www.ambest.com